The most iconic part of a sailor dress is its wide flap collar that follows the collar design from sailor's jumpers and shirts. The skirt part of a sailor dress can be long or short, and is often pleated.
The most popular colors are white, navy blue, powder blue, grey, and more rarely, black.
In Sweden in 1887, a sailor dress with natural waist and pleated skirt was among the designs promoted by the dress reform movement as appropriate for young girls.
In early 20th-century America, sailor dresses were very popularly known as Peter Thomson dresses after the former naval tailor credited with creating the style. By 1919, the Peter Thomson dress was regarded as a valid option for school uniforms, and was described as synonymous with "good taste for girls of 14-18 years old for many years."
- A Vindictive and Jealous Woman (Spanking Sarah, 2023), Sarah Stern, Essie Quinn, uniform humiliation, photos
- It Started as a Game (Spanking Sarah), Essie Quinn, Alora Lux, Sarah Stern, uniform humiliation (photos)
- The Southport Naval Academy, Episode 3: The Field Trip (Spanked In Uniform), Pandora Blake, Amelia Jane Rutherford, photos
- The Southport Naval Academy, Episode 4: No Boys Allowed! (Spanked In Uniform), Danielle Hunt, photos
- The Southport Naval Academy, Episode 8: The Flag Ceremony (Spanked In Uniform), Amelia Jane Rutherford, braids photos
- The Southport Naval Academy, Episode 15: Gross Misconduct, Part 1 (Spanked In Uniform), kneeling, carpet beater, photos
|This page uses content from Sailor dress. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|