A switch is normally made from recently cut, flexible branch or twig. A switch is always a single, flexible, thin implement. Multiple branches are rather called a birch or rod, a hollow rod is rather called a cane (note: rattan meets this criteria too since it is sponge-like hollow), an non-hollow, inflexible one a stick; a more advanced flexible implement a crop.
When used, a switch makes an ominous 'swoosh' sound, rather like a cane or whip, and can be agitated up and down quickly, so the lashes can rain down on the spankee. A switch is usually employed bare bottom so it can 'bite' the skin. While a switch can be used OTK, it can be more painful if the spanker requires the spankee to lie or bend over an object, or to stand bent over. This allows a longer and freer swing, and it can also increase the humiliation by exposing the genitals.
|“||take it from someone who was raised on the switch...its just stingy-ee and not really that sever..especially over the lap....and as you can see she is not putting a lot of force into it at all....because there is no need to...the beauty of a switch is that you don't need to use much force at all to make is sting....now if you haul off using your whole arm then yeah its sever||”|
|— Arkham-Insanity, September 23, 2009|
Switches are most efficient (that is, most painful and durable) if made of a strong but flexible type of wood, such as hazel (also used for a very severe birch) or hickory (the traditional "hickory stick"). Birch and willow branches are time-honored favorites, but branches from most strong trees and large shrubs can be used, often simply cut from a garden, an orchard, or the wild. A tamarind switch, made from three braided and oiled tamarind rods, was used for judicial corporal punishment up to the late 1960s in the Caribbean Commonwealth island states of Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago.
Making a switch is simply called cutting, as it only involves cutting it from the stem and removing twigs or directly attached leaves as those would lessen its sting and may break skin. For optimal flexibility it is cut fresh shortly before use, rather than keeping it for re-use over considerable time. In some cases, a switch will also be "peeled", that is, the bark will be removed before use. A switch can be soaked in brine before use, to increase its flexibility and durability. This can also increase the sting if salt is transferred to the bottom of the spankee.
- A Roast for Thanksgiving, Cut A Switch & Reckless Driving (Chelsea Pfeiffer Entertainment)
- Angel Spanked and Switched in the Woods (Real Life Spankings), photos
- Civil Settlement (Lupus Pictures, 2003), video on SpankBang
- Cory Gets Spanked and Switched in the Woods (Real Life Spankings)
- Fairy Tale 2: The Magic Purse (Lupus Pictures)
- Family Silver (Lupus Pictures)
- Discipline in Russia #1 (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #2 (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #8: Punishment of Serf Girls (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #11: Boot Camp (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #18 (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #19: Serfdom (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #24 (Nettles Corporation)
- Discipline in Russia #27: Dispossession of Kulaks Part 1 (Nettles Corporation), photo
- Discipline in Russia #28: Dispossession of Kulaks Part 2 (Nettles Corporation), photo
- Kelly Gets Switched in the Woods (Real Life Spankings, 2018)
- Pick A Switch 1 & 2 (Real Life Spankings)
- Road Trip (RealSpankings.com)
- Russian Slaves #28 (Nettles Corporation)
- Russian Slaves #30 (Nettles Corporation)
- Russian Slaves #34 (Nettles Corporation)
- Sam's 5-minute Switching (Girls Spanked Hard)
- Sophie's Switching (Girls Spanked Hard), photos
- Spankin' Down the Highway, Part 2 (Raven Hill Studios)
- The Vacation (Spanking Epics)
"The New Scholar" by Francis William Edmonds (1845).
|This page uses content from Switch (rod). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|