A teacher is a male or female adult whose profession is the teaching of knowledge, behavior norms, arts, crafts, physical and intellectual skills to other people by means of verbal instruction, demonstration and media.
This process transports the knowledge, skills and cultural achievements of one generation to the next generation and is thus the key factor to cultural progress.
The art and science of teaching is also known as pedagogy.
The most common form of professional teaching is the teaching of children. For better efficiency, typically a teacher teaches not a single child but a group of children simultaneously, called a class. The rooms in which the class is seated for this purpose are called classrooms and the buildings and institutions of this teaching are called schools; the whole process of education in schools, which today has a typical minimum duration of 8 years, is known as schooling.
The history of schools reaches back to antiquity. The level of intellectual, cultural and economical achievement of a people was usually in direct proportion to its quality of schooling.
For a very long time only boys were educated by private teachers and in public or private schools, and the teachers were usually male as well. They were also referred to as schoolmasters. This has changed in the last two to three centuries; today in most countries girls attend schools the same as boys, and teachers can be either men or women. The terms schoolmistress and schoolmarm are female equivalents to schoolmaster.
The methods and techniques of teaching, as well as the subjects taught, have evolved slightly over the centuries since antiquity, and changed dramatically within the past century.
The stereotype of the schoolmaster as a punisherEdit
For example, this old woodcut shows six "civic professions": clockmaker, schoolmaster, organ builder, painter, goldsmith, sculptor. Every man is depicted in doing his work, and the schoolmaster is depicted birching a student. For many more images on the cliche of the teacher as an instructor through the means of corporal punishment, and his inseparability from the birch rod, switch and cane, see School corporal punishment (antiquity-1699) and School corporal punishment (1700-1899).
Famous fetish model and pioneer spanking actress Bettie Page was a school teacher for a brief period. Jacqueline Omerta, actress and founder of spanking video company Pacific Force, was once a high school teacher in Boston.
Spanking actress Courtney Chambers is a former fifth-grade teacher (titles listed below).
- Backside To The Future (Chelsea Pfeiffer Entertainment/GoodSpanking Classics), spanking parody of Back to the Future film, photos.
- Country Club Wives (Shadow Lane)
- Rude Girls 2: Kitchen Thief (Girl Spanks Girl)
Below is a list of role reversal videos in which female teachers get punished.
- Affair at the Swiss School (Nu-West/Leda Productions, 1984), Joanne Jameson gets revenge (F/F, M/F) on three matrons who paddled her.
- An Apple for Miss Higgens (Nu-West/Leda Productions), real-life cousins Julia and Joanne Jameson take revenge on their former school teacher.
- And Now the Cane (Top Marks), extract also sold as The Beating of the Useless Prefect
- College Teacher Public Humiliation and Spanking (Spanking Them, Russia), headmaster and student punish female teacher.
- Dana Spanks and Humiliates Her Teacher (Girl Spanks Girl), Clare Fonda
- Detention Discipline (Momma Spankings), bad disciplinarian teacher is punished.
- Episode 121: Veronica Spanks Teacher Snow (Spanking Sorority Girls), Snow Mercy
- Episode 193: Teacher Fonda Spanked in Office (Spanking Sorority Girls), Clare Fonda
- Episode 201: Riley Anne Spanks Teacher Clare (Spanking Sorority Girls), Clare Fonda
- Even Teachers Make Mistakes (Dreams of Spanking), Headmaster spanks teacher Pandora Blake
- Exclusive Education 5 (Girl Spanks Girl), students spank teacher
- The Gym Teacher, a.k.a. The Gym Mistress (Red Stripe, English Spankers), teacher caught smoking, photos
- Gym Teacher Spanking (Girl Spanks Girl), teacher Clare Fonda spanks, and gets spanked, by students.
- The Godfather (Lupus Pictures), sadistic female teacher gets caned.
- The Headmaster's Study (Top Marks), school headmaster punishes senior mistress.
- Miss Morgan Makes Her Mark (Top Marks), female prefect caned by headmaster.
- Punished For Failure (English Spankers), female tutor spanked by parents who hired her.
- The Punishment of the Teacher 1 & 2 (RoughManSpank), bad teacher punished like a student (photos)
- Pupil Power (Spanking College), punished student turns tables on teacher.
- The Prefects' Pleasure (Top Marks), female school teacher caned.
- Reading, Writing, and Rulers (Sarah Gregory Spanking), teacher punished for being a poor disciplinarian.
- Revenge of the Pets (Hand-Spanking.com, Japan), revenge spanking, female students punish their teacher.
- Spanking the Teacher (British Spanking/Paradox, distributed by Spanking for Pleasure, c. 1990), M/F, photos
- Student Spanked, Teacher Spanked (Sarah Gregory Spanking), Paul Rogers, photos
- Teacher Clare Spanks Coach Veronica (Spanking Sorority Girls), coach, photos
- Teacher Fonda Spanked in Office (Spanking Sorority Girls), student spanks Clare Fonda, photos
- The Teacher is Punished II: Highly Inappropriate (Chelsea Pfeiffer Entertainment, 2010), Kailee, video at SpankBang
- Teacher Learns a Lesson (Momma Spankings), teacher Sarah Gregory spanked by angry parent Dana Specht, photos.
- Teacher Snow Spanked By VB Coach (Spanking Sorority Girls), Snow Mercy, photos
- Teacher's Lesson (Spanked Cheeks), teacher Amelia Jane Rutherford punished by headmaster, photos
- Vernoica Spanks Teacher Snow (Spanking Sorority Girls), Veronica Ricci, Snow Mercy, photos
- Young Teacher (Punished Brats), teacher gets turnabout revenge via blackmail.
Other forms of teachingEdit
Other forms of professional teaching include privately hired governesses, homeschooling, private institutions such as dance or music schools, coaching in sports clubs, university teaching and adult education.
Forms of semi-professional teaching include private lessons (usually in the afternoon or evening, after the regular school) and mentoring. Such semi-professional teachers are called tutors or mentors.