The Nerd is a two-act comedy written by American actor/playwright Larry Shue. Actors who have taken on the title role include British comedian Rowan Atkinson. It premiered in 1981 and was the top grossing American play in London's West End in 1986.
Its plot is set in 1979.
- Willum Cubbert: Willum is an architect, currently designing a hotel for Mr. Waldgrave, and a pushover.
- Tansy McGinnis: A smart woman who is as attracted to Willum as he is to her, but who has been offered her dream job as a television weather forecaster in Washington, D.C., and feels guilty for leaving Willum behind. I
- Axel Hammond: Willum's best friend. He's a pretentious, often-inebriated drama critic, always ready with a sarcastic comment.
- Rick Steadman/Kemp Hall: The titular "nerd." He's oblivious to insult and lacks manners or sensitivity.
- Warnock Waldgrave: A boisterous, slightly dim businessman, owner of eight hotels, with no creativity and no tact.
- Clelia Waldgrave: Mr. Waldgrave's high-strung, put-upon wife.
- Thor Waldgrave: The Waldgraves' terror of a son. "Poster child for Planned Parenthood," as Axel calls him. Spends most of the play hiding in a closet or bedroom.
In one scene in the first act, Warnock Waldgrave gives his son Thor a spanking (M/m). "You know, son, I put up with quite a lot of things" he says. Then he puts Thor over his lap, starts spanking him and continues "But I will not put up with a lyer!"
- Jer Allen as Waldgrave administers a spanking to 10-year-old Aaron Lewis
- The Nerd performed 2015 by highschool students (video on YouTube), the spanking scene is at approx. 23:00 minutes
- The Nerd in 1990 (video on YouTube)Spanking scene starts at ~ 23:30
|This page uses content from The Nerd. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Spanking Art, the text of Wikipedia is available under a copyleft license, the Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike license.. The original article was at|