A spanking implement is any object used to strike the spankee's buttocks. Some are exclusively manufactured for this purpose, such as a cane, flogger or punishment paddle. Improvised household items, such as a hairbrush, leather belt or ruler, are also frequently used for spanking. These are also known as pervertible implements. A third category involves home-made corporal punishment devices such as a birch rod, switch, and stinging nettles.
Spanking implements include:
- stick-like implements:
- non-elastic flat implements:
- elastic flat implements:
- other implements:
Whipping implements include:
- cat o' nine tails
- chicotte (a type of whip used in parts of Africa)
- crop (may also be seen as stick-like)
- horsehair whip
- human hair whip
- looped whip
- rebenque (a type of whip used by gauchos in South America)
- rubber hose (or anything with similar properties, like electric cord, or rubber skipping rope)
- single-tail whip
- sjambok (a type of whip used in South Africa)
Sting and thudEdit
Some spanking implements produce more "sting" while others produce more "thud". See sting and thud for more on this distinction.
In 2010, we ran a poll here:
Generally speaking, which type of spanking implement do you prefer?
- Stick-like implements (cane, switch,...)
- Non-elastic flat implements (paddle, hairbrush,...)
- Elastic flat implements (strap, belt,...)
This chart shows our poll results as of June 2010, after 390 votes were submitted (75/209/106):
- The Spanking Implements - a brief overview on the most common implements.
- Flogging Instruments Dictionary - in many languages, from Agony & Ecstasy.
- Impact Toys - Stimulating Percussion Instruments on Colorado Spankers
- Photo with a good selection of spanking implements
- Another photo with an even bigger selection of spanking implements
- Spanking implements
- Custom made high impact spanking paddles and other implements in all sizes.