Bondage refers to tying a person up or otherwise physically restraining them. In the context of BDSM, bondage involves people being tied up or otherwise restrained for pleasure. Such bondage is usually, but not always, a sexual practice. Bondage is sometimes combined with spanking or other corporal punishment to allow a spankee to experience a particularly intense punishment. But the use of bondage takes a scene out of the realm of pure spanking and into the wider world of BDSM, in the view of many spankophiles.
Restraint is a general term for anything that restrains, ties, fastens or secures. In contexts outside BDSM, such as medicine, law enforcement and correctional institutions, the term restraint is used.
Utilities and hardwareEdit
Suitable utilities for bondage are:
- ropes that are smooth, soft and not too thin, so they don't cut into the skin.
- fabric belts (such as the terrycloth belts you often find in bathrobes).
- straps made from leather or other tearproof material.
- bondage tape (adhesive tape suitable for bondage).
- chains (popular for BDSM "dungeon" scenes).
- cuffs (different materials).
- handcuffs (metal).
- spreader bars (to spread the spankee's legs).
Useful hardware for bondage:
Special items of furniture designed for bondage:
- St. Andrews Cross
- Bondage bed
- Spanking bench
- Bondage table
- Whipping post
- Whipping table
- Whipping horse
- Caning rack
- Spreadeagle table
- Ass stuck in wall
- Mistress Clarissa's Bondage 101 (a beginner's bondage tutorial video)
- Bondage Art new bondage art blog by MisTique
- Meins (original title) aka Mine
- DVD (Pal); 80 min; German; subtitles: English, Spanish; Porto Pi, Mallorca, Spain; 23 - 29 April 2010
- In an act of desperation, Danielle locks up her ex-boyfriend Phillip into the wine cellar in the basement of her house. Phillip, chained in handcuffs, with no means of escape, becomes Danielles prisoner and is forced to a relationship with his mistress
- How to introduce your girl to bondage, video on Dailymotion