She Married Her Boss
She Married Her Boss is a 1935 movie directed by Gregory La Cava, starring Claudette Colbert and Melvyn Douglas.
Julia Scott, a secretary at a department store, makes her boss Richard Barclay marry her. However she finds out that living up to the standards he sets at home, and taking care of Annabel, his spoiled-brat daughter, is much more difficult than she had imagined.
The spanking sceneEdit
- Annabel: "If you make me go to bed, I won't sleep!"
- Julia: "I'll give you something to make you sleep."
- Annabel: "I won't take a pill!"
- Julia: "I'm not going to give you a pill, Annabel." (walks to the dressing table and picks up a hairbrush)
- Annabel: "If you'll give me a pill, I'll spit it out!"
- Julia: "This is going to hurt you more than it does me." (slaps the hairbrush a few times into her palm, approaching the girl)
- Annabel, wide-eyed: "What are you gonna do?"
Richard Barclay (Melvyn Douglas) listens to it and comments "That's the first music I've heard around this house for months."